Austin Metro Special Report
What Metro design engineers set out to achieve.
In the mid-seventies, an in-depth analysis of trends for the 1980’s pointed very firmly to an increased demand for high specification small cars the combined overall refinement with economy. Car buyers throughout the UK and Europe were asked what they would like to see in the ideal family hatchback. Their views formed the basis of the design brief given to the Metro development team, who then had the task of producing a car which incorporated all these characteristics: -
1. Room enough for a family, with large load capacity and versatility.
2. Low overall running costs, not just outstanding fuel economy.
3. High degree of safety.
4. The comfort and refinement normally found in bigger cars.
5. Quality and reliability.
6. Appealing and distinctive styling.
7. Functional Shape.
8. Fun to Drive.
9. Overall outstanding value for money.
Where Metro designers scored on interior space and comfort
• Legroom, Shoulder Room, Load space Access, Passenger Access and Asymmetric Split Rear Seat
The Secrets of Metro economy with performance
• Aerodynamic Style, New A-Plus Engine, The Economy of the HLE Engine and Improved Economy
How longer servicing intervals and reduced maintenance were made possible?
• Long Life Battery, Improved Drive-Belt Pulley, Brake Pad Wear Indicator, Reduced Greasing Requirement, Self-Cleaning Points, Long Life Spark Plus, 12000 Miles/ 12 Months Oil Change and Reduced Accident Repair Costs
How Metro was Engineered for Safety
• Passenger Cell and Crumple Zones, Safety Steering Layout, Visibility, Laminated Windscreen, Dual Circuit Braking System, Four Piston Disc Brakes, High-Burst Resistant Locks and Interlocking Sills
What gives Metro its outstanding handling?
• Hydragas Suspension, Steering and Stability
How Metro engineering produced an unusually quiet car of unusually high quality
• Quietness, cutting down the source of noise, Reducing Vibrations, Blocking out other noises, Quality and Finish, Anti-Corrosion, Seam Sealing, Welding Precision/Strength and Total Quality Control
Condition: Used, Exterior in Very Good condition for its age, No Damage to Spine and Corners, interior is Excellent for its age, all pages sit well and are not detached from the spine, no water damage and not defaced.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Your Car Handbooks will be packaged securely to ensure safe delivery and will be sent by Royal Mail 1st Class Large Letter Tracked and Signed for UK Purchases and International Tracked for everywhere else.
Please Visit my shop for more products such as Workshop Manuals and Racing Quote Mugs
1 business day
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.